SLS Customer Service Code of Practice
You can expect us to:
- provide a welcoming, accessible, appropriate and customer-orientated quality service which reflects the range and diverse needs of our users and supports the organisations' key aims and objectives
- put the customer first and central to everything we do
- have consistent, transparent and fair procedures which are clearly explained and implemented
- treat all customers equally with courtesy and respect in an environment which values equality and diversity
- use our knowledge and expertise to be effective and professional in all our dealings with customers
- find solutions to problems where possible, acquire information when requested, resolve queries quickly, efficiently and sensitively or keep you informed of progress if the request/query cannot be resolved immediately
- provide supported referrals to more appropriate internal and external contacts when required
- fulfil the promises we make to our customers or give reasons why they cannot be achieved
- invite client feedback, respond to user comments, compliments and complaints, regularly review what we do and communicate changes to our user.
- handle complaints and their response within a set timescale, taking actions if appropriate or explaining the reasons if not. Provide details of the University¿s Complaints procedure, if required
- give our customers a reason to return to us.
We will expect you to:
- treat staff and other service users with courtesy, respect and consideration
- respect and adhere to the procedures and working practices of the service
- provide the staff with accurate, timely information relating to your issue/enquiry, if required.
- use the services appropriately and take responsibility for decisions and actions
- give feedback on our services to help our regular review, evaluation and planning processes.